Job Title: Service Advisor
Reports to: Service Manager
Position Summary: The service advisor is responsible for creating repair orders in the service department and ensuring outstanding customer service is provided throughout the repair and service process. The service advisor is responsible for managing customer expectations, generating estimates, acquiring approvals, and managing their portfolio of repair orders as they progress through the shop. This position requires excellent teamwork, communication, and relationship-building skills to ensure all customer and dealership needs are met in a timely manner. Outstanding organizational and time-management skills are required. Previous dealership service advisor experience is a requirement. Spanish speaking is a major positive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain Customer Satisfaction Index (CSI) rating as set by the service manager.
- Maintain the prescribed standard for hours per customer repair order written
- Greet customers in a timely, friendly, and professional manner.
- Communicate with customers to determine the nature of their mechanical problem(s).
- Obtain accurate customer and vehicle data.
- Track repair orders and communicate with Technicians and Dispatcher
- Advise customers on the care of their cars and the value of maintaining their vehicles in accordance with the manufacturers' specifications.
- If additional work is needed, clearly explain the exact repair instructions, making a special note of the main reason(s) the customer brought the vehicle in. Repair orders must be legible.
- Notify dispatcher of incoming work.
- Provide estimates for labor and parts.
- Bill out parts & labor & close repair orders
- Obtain customer's signature on repair order; provide the customer with a copy.
- Follow up progress of each repair order during the day. Contact customer by telephone regarding any changes in the estimate of time promised. Record changes on the repair order in the approved manner.
- Submit repair order estimates to extended service providers and fleet companies.
- Ensure repairs are paid for before releasing the vehicle
- Verify warranty coverage
- Handle telephone inquiries regarding work in process and appointments.
- Analyze quality control reports to ensure that work is completed as requested to reduce comebacks.
- Perform Active Delivery of vehicle to customer and answer any questions.
- Attend meetings as scheduled.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with customers to encourage repeat and referral business
Previous experience as a service advisor in an automotive dealership required. Must be able to navigate the dealer management system. Must have excellent communication skills. Must possess conflict de-escalation skills.
Education & Experience: High School Diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.)
English speaking skills required. Spanish speaking a plus. Must be able to communicate technical information in writing on repair orders. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and distance vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, risk of electrical shock, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
THE ABOVE DECLARATIONS ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE AN ALL-INCLUSIVE LIST OF THE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE JOB DESCRIBED OR OF THE SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM THE JOB. RATHER, THEY ARE INTENDED ONLY TO DESCRIBE THE GENERAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB.
Signature (Employee) Date
Signature (Supervisor) Date