This position requires attendance at office. Duties can include, but not limited to, timely and accurate data entry into the system to facilitate the accurate reporting of all pharmaceutical samples submitted for testing, maintaining sample integrity to ensure accurate and timely testing and reporting by the appropriate lab, maintaining sample integrity to ensure accurate and timely testing and reporting by the appropriate lab. Additionally, the Sample Administrator may perform additional duties requested by the Accessioning Supervisor. Minimal to moderate supervision is required. This is a safety sensitive position as defined by state and federal laws that will require working with hazardous materials and/or handling medicine. As a "safety sensitive" classification, you will be subject to drug and alcohol testing, including random testing. Marijuana is one of the substances included in the drug panel screening. Possession of a medical marijuana license will not excuse you from the testing process, or the consequences of testing positive for marijuana.
- Receives, unpacks, identifies and accessions pharmaceutical samples sent to ARL Bio Pharma for testing by pharmacists and manufacturing companies. Inspect sample's condition as they are unpacked and distributed appropriately for login utilizing LIMS. Exercises caution through proper handling procedures of samples including containers, specimens and chain of custody when appropriate.
- The Sample Administrator ensures accurate data entry by comparing the sample label to the sample submission form for timely processing and appropriate lab testing. They are responsible for resolving any discrepancies by contacting the appropriate department and/or the client during the accessioning process documenting the events properly. They are responsible for resolving any discrepancies by contacting the appropriate department and/or the client during the accessioning process documenting the events properly.
- Organizes, scans, and saves documents submitted by client. Often provides client services upon request.
- Receiving and delivering supplies to the appropriate department; sort POs and received dock deliveries. Log in standards/reagents, SDS scanning and file maintenance.
- Basic ability to understand Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) and other computer systems.
- Maintain positive professional relationships with all departmental personnel and clients when providing information or investigating problematic samples.
- Adherence to all ARL Bio Pharma safety standards, policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Regular and reliable attendance
- Communication Proficiency.
- Customer Orientation.
- Diagnostic Information Gathering.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. Attendance at the office is required. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing, lifting and walking is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
- Ability to lift and/or move 25 pounds.
- Ability to have full body movement.
- Must have vision and hearing corrected to meet minimum acceptable norms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position.
Days and hours are rotating shifts -Monday through Friday 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and/or Tuesday - Friday 9 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
No travel is required.
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum of a high school diploma with some college course work.
- Data entry experience required.
Preferred Education and Experience
- 0-2 years of experience in related field/occupation.
ARL Bio Pharma, Inc. provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetics or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. ARL Bio Pharma, Inc. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetics or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Improper interference with the ability of ARL Bio Pharma, Inc. employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants and employees are treated without regard to any of these characteristics.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.