Property Address: The Life at Madison Grove, 4713 Cottage Grove Road, Madison, Wisconsin, 53716
This position is eligible for a $1,500 sign on bonus! Apply today and learn more!
The Life Properties is growing! We are adding a Maintenance Technician II to our team! The Maintenance Technician II works under the direction of the Assistant Maintenance Supervisor, ensuring that all vacant units are move-in ready and assisting with ground/pool maintenance. You will be responsible for embodying and working to reinforce The Life Properties' Core Values.
Who are we? The Life Properties is a privately-owned, fully integrated real estate operating company focused on acquiring, renovating, and managing multi-family investment properties nationwide. We manage a diverse housing portfolio of over 9,000 apartment homes across the United States. We focus on providing an elevated level of customer service and perform a remarkable transformation of properties to create thriving communities for our residents. We are the property management arm of Olive Tree Holdings, a growing real estate investment firm focused on investments in C & B class value-add multifamily properties in growing markets in the Southern US. Olive Tree executes a value-add strategy to renovate the asset and improve the quality of on-site staff, thereby driving significant NOI growth for the asset. The Life Properties then takes over the acquisition and focuses on site management at each location.
What do we offer? Competitive compensation package with a variety of benefit options. A great group of people that believe in working together for the greater good and having fun while doing it! A team that supports your personal and professional growth and is willing to make investment to help you achieve your long-term goals.
What your day to day will look like:
- Prepare vacant units in a timely manner, updating supervisor as work is completed.
- Make necessary repairs/replacements for unit (i.e. flooring, hardware, appliances, light fixtures, doors, walls, baseboards, ceilings, windows, screens, cabinets, carpet/tile, filters, etc.).
- Apply touch-up paint as needed to unit and outside entrances
- Clean out all trash from unit before, during and after make-ready is complete
- Notify supervisor of any major repairs or issues
- Assist in maintenance of grounds, notifying supervisor of any major repairs or potential liabilities
What you will need to succeed:
- HS diploma or equivalent
- At least one year of multi-family make-ready or residential construction experience preferred
- Valid drivers license
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
- Experience with sheetrock work, flooring, light carpentry, painting, etc. a plus
- Experience working with hand tools and knowledge of safety rules
- Time management and prioritization skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Understanding of OSHA laws and regulations
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit, stand, bend, walk use hands and fingers to control objects, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs and ladders, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk, and hear. The associate must be able to lift 25 pounds individually and up to 50 pounds with assistance devices (dollies, hand trucks, additional persons).
- Must be able to see and read to complete forms, read reports, and visually determine the correct working order of physical aspect of units and other property facilities. Frequently needs to see small details.
- While performing the duties of this job the associate primarily works in an outdoor environment exposed to adverse weather conditions as well as dirt and/or dust.