Afton properties, Inc is a full-service Real Estate Management Company. Our hands-on ownership and management style paired with our knowledge of industry standards and operations standards has allowed us to grow significantly since the birth of the corporation. One of our highest priorities is our tenants living in healthy and safe environments, and receiving the individual attention and focus they deserve. Our long-term vision leads us to prioritize the upkeep and maintenance of our properties to ensure our residents feel pride in residency. To attain these standards for the tenants and owners we service were require employees committed to working with the highest standards in their work ethic.
We are seeking a Maintenance Tech Specialist to work at a Garden Style property to work Full Time. The Maintenance Tech Specialist will be responsible for a variety of duties to ascertain we are meeting our company goals.
- $19.00-$21.00 an hour + Overtime + Bonus
- Medical Options with Employer Contribution, Visio, Dental
- Paid Holidays: Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Black Friday, Christmas Day, and New Years Day.
- Paid Vacation and Sick Leave
- A High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to understand instructions verbally and in written form.
- Ability to communicate effectively, multi-task, and have good organizational skills.
- Ability to frequently stand and walk.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to frequently lift, climb, kneel, stoop, crouch, and/or crawl.
- Ability to work around chemical cleaning solutions.
Job Summary: Maintenance Tech Specialist is responsible for the upkeep of the allocated property. Additionally, they are responsible for working on a variety of areas including plumbing, carpentry, and electrical systems. Duties include inspecting buildings, maintaining inventory, and scheduling repairs as well as providing customer service and guidance to tenants as needed.
Maintenance Technician Specialist
Essential Duties And Responsibilities include the following but are not limited to the job specifications contained herein.
- Survey buildings and repair mechanical systems to ensure they are consistent with health and safety standards.
- Perform maintenance of electrical systems. (replace light bulbs and sockets, change outlets, etc.)
- Assist in the setup of ventilation, refrigeration, and other systems and conduct repairs when necessary.
- Maintain heating and plumbing systems to ensure functionality.
- Inspect alarm systems (fire, protection) and schedule repairs when needed.
- Perform manual repairs when necessary. (fix locks, cabinets etc.)
- Conduct general upkeep procedures (e.g. landscaping) and other tasks as assigned. (painting, carpentry, etc.)
- Collecting and Disposing of trash piles in and around the property.
- Loading and unloading materials and equipment.
- Assist in budget preparation and ensure it is followed.
- Conduct regular maintenance on HVAC, plumbing, electrical systems, appliances, or other systems in the facility as required.
- Need to notify Management of repairs before they can complete work.
- For bigger jobs that will be outsourced, make sure that you receive 2 to 3 bids for the job.
- Other duties as assigned or required by the property manager.
- Environment/Conditions: In constant movement around property visiting different work locations.
- Essential Functions/Physical Requirements: Lifting and carrying material, installing items including electrical, cleaning, organizing, cleaning out units, water heater, and plumbing maintenance, hauling large trash, moving large items such as furniture and appliances.
- Equipment Used: Hand Tools, power tools, ladders, yard maintenance equipment, dollys, vacuum, electric tools, air compressor, cleaning products, golf carts.
- Employees will be working 5 days a week as assigned by their supervisor.
- They will be included in a rotation for servicing after-hour calls that may need to be addressed after normal business hours.
- Employees may be scheduled to work on weekends.
Afton Properties is an equal opportunity employer. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need. We are committed to providing an environment of safety and mutual respect for all staff members. Afton Properties does not discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.