Afton properties, Inc is a full-service Real Estate Management Company. Our hands-on ownership and management style paired with our knowledge of industry standards and operations standards has allowed us to grow significantly since the birth of the corporation. One of our highest priorities is our tenants living in healthy and safe environments, and receiving the individual attention and focus they deserve. Our long-term vision leads us to prioritize the upkeep and maintenance of our properties to ensure our residents feel pride in residency. To attain these standards for the tenants and owners we service were require employees committed to working with the highest standards in their work ethic.
We are seeking a Maintenance Tech to work at a Garden Style property to work Full Time. The Maintenance Tech will be responsible for a variety of duties to ascertain we are meeting our company goals.
- Five to ten years of experience as a Maintenance Supervisor in a residential, hospitality or similar industry.
- A High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to understand instructions verbally and in written form.
- Ability to communicate effectively, multi-task and have good organizational skills.
- Ability to frequently stand and walk.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to frequently lift, climb, kneel, stoop, crouch and/or crawl.
- Ability to work around chemical cleaning solutions.
- Must be very detail-oriented. Must take pride in your work product.
- Must be a good communicator. Will need to provide regular written reports updating the status of work completion.
- Some knowledge with plumbing, electrical, patch, and paint, HVAC, General maintenance.
Job Summary: Maintenance Supervisors is responsible for the upkeep of the allocated property. Additionally, they are responsible for working on various areas, including plumbing, carpentry, and electrical systems. Duties include inspecting buildings, maintaining inventory, scheduling repairs, and providing customer service and guidance to tenants as needed.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities include the following but are not limited to the job specifications contained herein.
- Responsible for hiring, providing leadership, supervision, and direction to all maintenance staff including maintenance technicians, porters, and housekeepers.
- Responsible for scheduling and following up on work orders and projects assigned to the maintenance team.
- Responsible for assigning on-call schedules and following up on work completed.
- Responsible for and in conjunction with the Property Manager, managing all maintenance-related and capital improvement activities.
- Responsible for and in conjunction with the Property Manager, ensuring that the maintenance budget is managed effectively.
- Responsible for monitoring turnovers, general maintenance, repairs, maintaining fire systems, grounds upkeep, pool upkeep, and overall upkeep of the property.
- Responsible for ensuring a 50% market-ready rate at all times.
- Responsible for the implementation of various policies, standards, procedures, and programs relating to the overall maintenance and upkeep of the properties.
- Responsible for developing scopes of work for small improvements/services and seek out qualified contractors to bid for the work.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with vendors, negotiating to price, collaborating on the approved vendor list, keeping vendor list updated, and publishing the list for the properties.
- Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
- Responsible for maintaining the required property uniform and ensuring a professional appearance and attitude for all service, custodial, and grounds personnel at all times.
- Responsible to provide assistance to maintenance staff in the following areas: assisting with work orders, repairs, and maintaining paint, carpet, appliances, plumbing, heating and air conditioning, etc.
- Must be aware of and operate within OSHA (Occupational Safety & Health Act) standards and company safety policies at all times.
- Provide excellent customer service to residents and staff.
- Other duties as assigned or required by the property manager.
- Environment/Conditions: In constant movement around property visiting different work locations.
- Essential Functions/Physical Requirements: Lifting and carrying material, installing items including electrical, cleaning, organizing, cleaning out units, water heater, and plumbing maintenance, hauling large trash, moving large items such as furniture and appliances.
- Equipment Used: Hand Tools, power tools, ladders, yard maintenance equipment, dollys, vacuum, electric tools, air compressor, cleaning products, golf carts.
- Employees will be working for 5 days a week as assigned by their supervisor.
- They will be included in a rotation for servicing after-hour calls that may need to be addressed after normal business hours.
- Employees may be scheduled to work on weekends.
- Medical Options with Employer Contribution, Visio, Dental
- Paid Holidays: Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Black Friday, Christmas Day, and New Years Day.
- Paid Vacation and Sick Leave
Afton Properties is an equal opportunity employer. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need. We are committed to providing an environment of safety and mutual respect for all staff members. Afton Properties does not discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.