Property Address: The Life at Madison Grove, 4713 Cottage Grove Road, Madison, Wisconsin, 53716
The Life Properties is growing! We are adding a Leasing Consultant to our team! The Leasing Consultant reports to the Property Manager and supports the leasing operations and resident retention of an assigned apartment community.
Who are we? The Life Properties is a privately-owned, fully integrated real estate operating company focused on acquiring, renovating, and managing multi-family investment properties nationwide. We manage a diverse housing portfolio of over 9,000 apartment homes across the United States. We focus on providing an elevated level of customer service and perform a remarkable transformation of properties to create thriving communities for our residents. We are the property management arm of Olive Tree Holdings, a growing real estate investment firm focused on investments in C & B class value-add multifamily properties in growing markets in the Southern US. Olive Tree executes a value-add strategy to renovate the asset and improve the quality of on-site staff, thereby driving significant NOI growth for the asset. The Life Properties then takes over the acquisition and focuses on site management at each location.
What do we offer? Competitive compensation package (hourly, commissions on leases/renewals, and quarterly bonus potential) with a variety of benefit options. A great group of people that believe in working together for the greater good and having fun while doing it! A team that supports your personal and professional growth and is willing to make investment to help you achieve your long-term goals.
What your day to day will look like:
- Responsible for the full life cycle of leasing, from initial interaction with the prospective resident to the signing of the lease agreement.
- Stays up with current leasing conditions including available units, renewals, and move-outs to understand sales goals.
- Always presents oneself with professionalism and to the standards of The Life Properties.
- Processes applications and initiates the verification process to qualify prospective resident.
- Prepares lease paperwork for new move-ins and renewals.
- Responds to phone and email inquiries from prospective and current residents.
- Works closely with staff members to increase resident retention.
- Assist marketing with all avenues of attracting prospective residents.
- Completes follow-up thank you notes and call-backs with prospects after initial community visit.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you will need to succeed:
- High school diploma/GED; degree preferred
- 1+ years leasing experience; preferably multi-family
- Valid drivers license
- Affordable Housing experience a plus
- Great customer skills along with active listening, organization, negotiation, and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Knowledge of Fair Housing laws and regulations
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- Must be able to see and read to complete forms, read reports, and visually determine the correct working order of physical aspect of units and other property facilities. Frequently needs to see small details.
- This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 25 pounds.
- This job operates in a professional office environment with occasional exposure to outside weather conditions. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.