Astreya is the leading IT solutions provider to deliver technology-enabled services and fuel digital transformation to some of the most exciting companies on the planet. We are at the cusp of a new way of working with our delivery model that helps our clients be positively productive by matching exceptional people to on-site teams delivering world-class IT service. With engineers in over 30 countries and 70 cities around the world, we are a global company working with the world's most recognizable and innovative organizations.
What this Job Entails:
The Infrastructure Field Services (IFS) Technician will provide troubleshooting, installation, testing and maintenance of various Infrastructure technologies across a diverse environment. From onsite services that include deploying IT hardware to supporting routers, switches in the IDF rooms to some telecommunications smart hands activities and data center support. You will work closely with other field technicians and engineers, ISPs, equipment vendors, and internal operations and engineering staff. Another key part of the job is in providing best of breed customer service to the supported user. Regular interaction with users along with other supporting parties will be key to the success for someone coming into this role. This role requires travel.
- Works on assignments that are moderately difficult, requiring
judgment in resolving issues
- Requires some instruction on new assignments and infrequent checks on
Your Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist in performing physical installation, troubleshooting, repair,
maintenance, and testing activities as directed with meticulous
attention to driving and maintaining the highest quality standards.
- Perform physical racking of equipment (rack prep, rack and stack,
switches/routers, cameras, audio visual equipment)
- Run fiber, power and Ethernet cabling to specifications
- Install / troubleshoot Access Point
- Add or Replace disk drives and memory
- Diagnose simple hardware issues
- Deploy and recover laptop/desktop hardware to supported users
- Support product lifecycle management activities, including asset
receiving, box/unboxing of equipment, inventory put-aways and
breakdown of corrugate to maintain a clean working environment
- Perform inventory and asset management, conference room preventative
maintenance, and e-recycling of hardware and peripherals
- Organize packages coming in/out of inventory storage rooms
- Location and processing of Overdue RMAs
- Utilize Inventory Data management software to maintain inventory
accuracy and workflow
- Assist the team in recommending improvements to processes that may
impact the quality of assets or improve overall efficiencies for any
related process or system.
- Provide site survey support for infrastructure projects, as well as
large space, power, equipment and WiFi deployments.
- Perform site audits and reconcile data discrepancies
- Provide SmartHands with vendors working on behalf of the company to
ensure compliance with installation, repair, maintenance MOPs and
standards, as well as quality and cleanliness.
- Meet/coordinate with Local Exchange Carrier (LEC) and other
technicians to facilitate timely installation, repair, and
maintenance activities as necessary.
- Support a complex and fast paced environment focused on video
conference rooms with outstanding attention to customer satisfaction
- Assist in coordinating site access, equipment staging, and other
- Use ticketing systems to respond and resolve issues to specific
Service Level Agreements (SLAs) & Key Performance Indicators (KPI )
- Other duties as required. This list is not meant to be a
comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities assigned to this
- Associate's degree (A.A) or equivalent from two-year college or
technical school and 2 to 5 years' related experience and/or
training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Should possess a strong understanding of enterprise level Desktop,
Network, and Systems side technologies
- Knowledge of data center and IDF infrastructure, including experience
working with routers, switches, PDUs, interfacility cabling, fiber
and copper distribution, wifi access points, telecommunications
hardware, desktop computers, laptops, servers, printers and plotters.
- Knowledge and application of Inventory Management as it relates to IT
- Knowledge of basic AV hardware installation, support, and
maintenance, specifically as it relates to conference rooms
- Knowledge of telecommunications and networking testing equipment from
microscopes and source and power meters to OTDRs and experience
testing across all SONET and Ethernet bandwidths.
- Knowledge of telecommunications testing standards and procedures from
length, wire-mapping, and bit error rate to power, delay, loss,
reflectance and dispersion.
- Knowledge of state and local regulatory standards, procedures, and
- Ability to work effectively with local exchange carrier (LEC) and
other telecom service provider technicians, building landlords,
electricians, construction operators, and non-technical end users.
- Ability to work independently, diagnose problems and take appropriate
action with minimal supervision.
- Experience with spreadsheets, workflow and project management
applications, and administrative software applications.
- Ability to lift 50 -70 pounds and the ability to un-box and move
equipment for several contiguous hours days
- Understanding of how to use a Tier-1 ITSM platform
- Customer Service Oriented
- COMPTIA A+ certification
- COMPTIA Network+ certification
- Infrastructure & Desktop Hardware Maintenance and Troubleshooting
- OS troubleshooting/support (Linux, MacOS, Windows, ChromeOS)
- ITIL V3 Foundations Certification
- Application of ITSM, Incident, Service Request, Problem, Change
Management ticketing systems such as ServiceNow, Remedy, etc.
- Detail Oriented
- Strong Written and Verbal Communication
- Strong Time Management
Physical Demand & Work Environment:
- Must have the ability to perform office-related tasks which may
include prolonged sitting or standing
- Must have the ability to move from place to place within an office
- Must be able to use a computer
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively
- Some positions may require occasional repetitive motion or movements
of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers
What can Astreya offer you?
- Employment in the fast-growing IT space providing you with a variety
of career options
- Opportunity to work with some of the biggest firms in the world as
part of the Astreya delivery network
- Introduction to new ways of working and awesome technologies
- Career paths to help you establish where you want to go
- Focus on internal promotion and internal mobility - we love to build
teams from within
- Free 24/7 accessible Professional Development through LinkedIn
Learning and other online courses to give you opportunities to
upskill at your own pace
- Education Assistance
- Dedicated management to provide you with on point leadership and care
- Numerous on the job perks
- Market competitive compensation and insurance, health and wellness
Astreya Partners is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. We evaluate qualified applicants on merit and business needs and not on race, color, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, veteran status or any other factor protected by law.