Afton properties, Inc is a full-service Real Estate Management Company. Our hands-on ownership and management style paired with our knowledge of industry standards and operations standards has allowed us to grow significantly since the birth of the corporation. One of our highest priorities is our tenants living in healthy and safe environments, and receiving the individual attention and focus they deserve. Our long-term vision leads us to prioritize the upkeep and maintenance of our properties to ensure our residents feel pride in residency. To attain these standards for the tenants and owners we service were require employees committed to working with the highest standards in their work ethic.
We are seeking a Housekeeping /Porter Employee to work at a Garden Style property to work Full Time. The employee will be responsible for a variety of duties to ascertain we are meeting our company goals.
- A High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to understand instructions verbally and in written form.
- Ability to communicate effectively, multi-task, and have good organizational skills.
- Ability to frequently stand and walk.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to frequently lift, climb, kneel, stoop, crouch, and/or crawl.
- Ability to work around chemical cleaning solutions.
- Must be very detail-oriented. Must take pride in your work product.
- Must be a good communicator. Will need to provide regular written reports updating the status of work completion.
JOB SUMMARY: Maintenance Porter/Groundskeeper is responsible for the upkeep of grounds by removing, cleaning, and collecting all trash, debris and light vegetation from the properties amenities, building exteriors, offices, parking lots, and all sections the make up the whole of a common area of the community property. Additionally, the Porter/Groundskeeper will act as a limited maintenance personal doing by assisting the onsite maintenance staff in their duties as needed.
Housekeeping /Maintenance Porter
- Sweep and mop floors and vacuum carpets. Sweeps, scrubs, finishes, and polishes floor.
- Ensure the building entrance is free of clutter at all times.
- Run errands for management and employees.
- Fix minor technical issues, like changing bulbs.
- Maintain stock of cleaning supplies.
- Cleans rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, restrooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, and locker rooms, and other work areas.
- Clean interior and exterior areas of buildings on our campus on a daily basis, as well as performing additional seasonal cleaning tasks.
- Cleans rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and draperies. Washes windows, door panels, and sills.
- Dust and clean furniture and equipment located in the common area and office.
- Polishes metalwork, wash walls, ceilings, and woodwork. Cleans and polishes lighting fixtures, marble surfaces, and trim.
- Empties wastebaskets and empties and cleans ashtrays throughout the property.
- Pick up and remove trash and debris from the property and dispose of it appropriately on a daily basis by transporting trash and waste to the disposal area.
- Contact the appropriate technicians and specialists for maintenance jobs that the groundskeeper cannot do alone.
- Unit Turn over cleanout for pre-leasing.
- Other duties as assigned or required by the property manager.
- Environment/Conditions: In constant movement around property visiting different work locations within the property.
- Safety Standards: Always maintaining adherence to safety protocols and keeping PPE equipment in place.
- Essential Functions/Physical Requirements: Lifting and carrying material, installing items including electrical, cleaning, organizing, cleaning out units, hauling large trash, moving large items such as furniture and appliances.
- Equipment Used: Hand Tools, ladders, yard maintenance equipment, dollys, vacuum, electric tools, cleaning products.
- Employees will be working for 5 days a week as assigned by their supervisor.
- They will be included in a rotation for servicing after-hour calls that may need to be addressed after normal business hours.
- Employees may be scheduled to work on weekends.
- $15.00 an hour + Bonus + Overtime
- Medical Options with Employer Contribution, Vision, Dental
- Paid Holidays: Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Black Friday, Christmas Day, and New Years Day.
- Paid Vacation and Sick Leave
Afton Properties is an equal opportunity employer. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need. We are committed to providing an environment of safety and mutual respect for all staff members. Afton Properties does not discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.