We are looking for a reliable, customer-oriented, and highly-motivated Customer Service Representative to join our team! In this role, you will be responsible for interacting with and satisfying the most important element of our company - the customers. Candidates should have an outgoing and positive demeanor, a positive work ethic, and have a track record of working well with others in a team environment. We prefer applicants who have some customer service experience, but we are willing to train the right person. We are a company that is fully committed to helping you succeed, and we offer exceptional training and advancement opportunities to all of our employees; if you believe you have what it takes to keep our clients happy, we would be interested in making you a part of our team.
Who We Are
Beginning with two employees in 1956, Stuart Services has grown its staff, services, and customer base to become the leading provider of plumbing, heating, air conditioning, and electrical services in the greater New Orleans area.
At Stuart Services, we're proud to have established ourselves as the region's leading home service company. We're proud to have been recognized for our outstanding services by the Better Business Bureau (BBB), with whom we maintain an A+ rating, and the national Nexstar Select Service, who awarded us Best of the Best. We take our reputation seriously, offering the very best in both workmanship and customer service.
The Big Task
Customer Service Representatives interact daily with new and existing customers to establish and maintain professional and positive relationships with customers on behalf of Stuart Services. They are expected to actively listen to problems and complaints while remaining calm, friendly, and patient. These individuals must follow a script but also think on their feet at the same time. Customer Service Representatives play a big part in the success of a company, even though they work behind the scenes.
Key Sub Tasks
- You will need to learn the call booking script in order to sound authentic while gathering pertinent information from the customer (such as addresses and phone numbers)
- Customer orientation and ability to adapt/respond to different types of characters
- Able to think fast, find answers, and respond quickly to customer issues, all with a polite, articulate, and empathic voice and manner
- Ability to memorize, recall, or research answers quickly
- Ability to learn and adapt to new software technologies
- Communicate effectively with customers and sales representatives to maintain customer loyalty and generate sales
- Participate in continuing education and development
- Follow communication procedures, guidelines and policies
Desired Skills and Experience
- Excellent, effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Well-organized, with a high attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Self-starter and fast learner who can adapt to an ever-changing environment
- Outgoing, pleasant, and patient personality
- Critical-thinker and problem-solver
- Basic computer skills in various software and web-based applications
- High school diploma or equivalent; college degree preferred
- Manage large amounts of incoming calls in friendly and respectful manner
- Respond promptly to customer inquiries by telephone, email, and online chat to ensure customer satisfaction
- Obtain and enter accurate customer and appointment information into the software system.
- Maintain broad knowledge of all company products, services and promotions
- Identify customers' needs, clarify information, and utilize reliable resources available to provide answers and solutions
- Coordinates with dispatch to improve accuracy in scheduling and speed of response
- All interactions must be documented - provide accurate, valid and complete information by documenting details of inquiries, comments and complaints as well as actions taken; maintain records of all customer interactions and transactions for future reference
- Develop and maintain excellent relations with existing customers resulting in increased levels of customer retention
- Help promote and maintain a positive company image
- Direct or route customer calls to appropriate personnel for assistance
- Other duties and administrative activities as assigned
If you feel that you would be successful in this role and you would like to be a part of a well-respected team, then we want to hear from you!
Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position: 40 hours a week. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday; 8:00am to 5:00pm. Lunch break is 1 hour daily.
What We Offer
- Our top performers are among the highest paid in the New Orleans area. You'll have unlimited earning potential.
- Medical Insurance options for you and your family's insurance premiums for health, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability.
- 401k Plan with a company match up to 3%.
- A family. This is last on the list because it's most important. We care about our team, and expect you to bring that same caring when you join. We do a lot more than just work together. You'll come to love our company outings, and you'll build life-long friendships at Stuart Services
If you want to be part of something bigger than just a job - make this career move and find exactly what you're looking for. You will work in a place where you will be appreciated by your team and customers, and where your work has a direct effect on the success of the company. If this sounds like you, Apply today!