Benefits: Paid Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Life Insurance, Paid Holidays, Paid Vacation days
Salary: $22-$30 hour
The basic function of the construction plumber is to install and maintain commercial plumbing. Responsible for maintaining the quality of work up to acceptable company standards, representing the company in a manner that promotes good relations, and performing those operations as assigned by the Construction Manager.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Install, maintain, and repair equipment properly at a customer locations.
- Maintain neat and clean personal appearance.
- Maintain clean truck and equipment.
- Attend all training classes and training seminars to maintain field knowledge.
- Adhere to proper procedures for work orders, return material tags, etc.
- Fill out blue sheets and time sheets for work while on the job.
- Follow through on job issues.
- Keep jobsite clean and safe.
- Responsible for having all minimum required stock on truck at all times.
- Keep Construction Manager updated on material shortages.
- Report manpower problems to Production Superintendent.
- Enforce Beyer Plumbing Safety Plan.
- Obey OSHA and Beyer Safety guidelines.
- Make sure personnel and other staff have the correct tools.
- Double check all installations and verify work is installed correctly.
- Keep trips for material and supply houses to a minimum.
- Clean and organize trucks and check fluids weekly.
- Make sure all work items are properly locked and stored at the end of each work day.
- Other tasks as requested by the Construction Manager, Project Manager, or President.
- This position receives limited supervision.
- Works well under pressure.
- Ability to learn codes.
- Ability to learn/read blue prints & specifications.
- Ability to handle difficult customer/diagnostic issues.
- Dependable and reliable.
- Cooperates and coordinates with other trades.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands, and manages frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Good communicator - works well with different customers and office personality styles.
- Ability to represent Beyer Plumbing in a professional manner with customers, vendors, staff and the general public.
- Expresses and maintains a positive attitude.
- Ability to lift 58 lbs.
- Maintains 30 hours of Continuing Education and Training.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Hold current Texas Plumbing License.
- Must have a valid driver's license and a good driving record.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
The physical demands for this position are heavy. Must be able to lift/carry 58 lbs. Must have good physical stamina and be able to engage in heavy lifting, repeated stooping, or standing for extended periods of time. Some aspects of this position may be hazardous. This position works in the field and is exposed to driving hazards. Must adherence to OSHA standards, Beyer Safety Policy, and Driving Safety Policy. Will involve outside work and must be able to adapt to all types of weather.
Self-motivated and able to handle rapidly changing priorities and several tasks simultaneously. Must be able to respond to difficult situations with customers and co-workers with high level of professionalism. Must be able to communicate effectively with vendors and co-workers. Must be able to follow safety guidelines at all times. Must have ability to manage and lead effectively.
Maintaining and satisfying attendance requirements is an essential function of this position, including working all full-time regular hours as established for this position and any scheduled emergency overtime. All employees in this job classification are required to satisfy this requirement. This job classification may not include light duty work or allow unpredictable or unrestricted absences.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.