Determined, persistent and relationally-driven, our Community Specialist at Helix Education works to develop meaningful community relationships to increase adult student enrollment for our higher education partners. An outside-the-box thinker, this position will seek to develop true win-win partnerships with local businesses, community colleges and non-profit organizations. The ideal candidate for this position will be a creative problem-solver, looking to determine how to solve these employers' workforce and staffing problems while growing our partners' enrollment numbers at the same time. Primary responsibilities include relationship-building, networking, creative problem-solving and event management in order to generate adult student inquiries, partnership interest, and effectively position our higher education partner in the market. Candidates must have a proven sales record and possess a comprehensive understanding of the higher education industry.
The statements made below are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with the job, and should not be construed as such.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Develops and monitors a strategic plan to generate corporate and student referrals for partner institution.
- Develops productive community and corporate relationships through effective phone, email, social, and face-to-face communication.
- Develops and maintains business relationships on behalf of the partner institution that will result in inquiry and application generation for enrollment representatives. Ensures inquiries are qualified and interested in entering a program of study offered by the partner institution. Will work prospects as necessary to the point of application.
- Represents the partner institution by participating in ongoing inquiry and application producing activities at corporations, such as information meetings, to generate interest in partner institution's degree programs.
- Participates in or facilitates information meetings to disseminate course and program information to potential students.
- Conducts individual and group consultative sales presentations.
- Monitors and manages a corporate contact database. Will input information as needed (depending on the event and information collection).
- Consistently participates in scheduled enrollment and compliance training.
- Balance tasks and activities to consistently follow the company standards for timely enrollment of students in scheduled classes.
- Works with the partner and enrollment team to evaluate quality of inquiries and applications to determine how best to improve quality interest generation in the future.
- Performs other duties as assigned or apparent.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Must possess a high level of interpersonal and communication skills to accurately convey information as described above.
Must have an excellent command of professional presentation skills and be comfortable presenting to groups both large and small.
Must be self-motivated and be able to work effectively in a team environment.
Must possess a high level of written and oral communication skills.
Must have reliable transportation for ongoing travel within a local territory to organizations, meetings and events.
Computer literate and able to learn proprietary software applications.
Strong understanding of Salesforce.com functionality and best practices preferred.
Passionate belief in the power of education along with the desire to help adults achieve their academic, professional, and personal goals.
Ability to motivate adults to take action.
Proven ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks efficiently and effectively.
QUALIFICATIONS / EDUCATION:
A bachelor's degree is required from a regionally accredited institution.
Must possess a proven sales/community development record.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES:
No certifications and/or licenses needed.
Frequent travel required within designated territory.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This job description is not a contract of employment. Employment with Helix Education is completely voluntary and may be terminated at any time by either the employee or the Company for any lawful reason.