Afton properties, Inc is a full-service Real Estate Management Company. Our hands-on ownership and management style, paired with our knowledge of industry standards and operations standards, has allowed us to grow significantly since the corporation's birth. One of our highest priorities is our tenants living in healthy and safe environments and receiving the individual attention and focus they deserve. Our long-term vision leads us to prioritize our properties' upkeep and maintenance to ensure our residents feel pride in residency. To attain these standards for the tenants and owners, we require employees committed to working with the highest standards in their work ethic.
We are seeking a Collection Specialist to work at a Garden Style property to work Full Time. The Leasing Consultant will be responsible for various duties to ascertain we are meeting our company goals.
- Customer Services Experience
- Spanish and English preferred
- Basic computer knowledge - Internet, Excel, Gmail, Word, Dropbox.
- Knowledge of Yardi and Rent Cafe a plus.
- Prior Leasing skills required.
- Knowledge of Virtual touring and in-person touring
JOB SUMMARY: Presenting properties and provided amenities in a positive light to prospective tenants. Acting as a landlord for property owners and help them navigate the property market. Advertising available properties using a variety of media and promoting materials.
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
F/T or P/T: Full Time
JOB SUMMARY: Collection Specialist will assist the management with administrative tasks such as preparing the budget, collecting rent, and sending tenant notices. Their primary responsibility will be to track and collect tenant payments on the monthly basis.
- Following established guidelines, contacts assigned accounts directly to effectively collect outstanding monies. Exercises independent judgment in obtaining payments. Including posting collection notices, calling tenants and tracking payments status.
- Ensures barriers to payment, such as proper approvals for payment plans and disputes are quickly identified and mediated. Communicates issues to appropriate parties, conducts research as necessary and follows-through to resolution (successful collection and application).
- Develops effective relationships with tenants. Understands their needs, key players and how to work efficiently within their system to collect outstanding balances effectively.
- Keeps accurate records tracking progress and status of accounts. Assist in the maintenance of a filing system for tenant paperwork as needed.
- Contact tenants via direct or indirect means by visiting units or calling them on a scheduled basis to collect outstanding balances.
- Coordinate with attorneys and management to process files to initiate any legal action, including posting required notices to tenants and representing the company in any legal matter as required.
- Be familiar with local applicable laws and state eviction standards, rent collection practices, and collection laws.
- Assist with the day to day operations and tenant relations through the coordination of tenant requests and administration of maintenance services.
- Answer and route phone calls from tenants and vendors to the appropriate contact within property management and/or dispatch personnel based on immediate needs. Assist with the scheduling of contractor work and coordinate with tenants.
- Provide support by producing, modifying, and /or distributing various forms, spreadsheets, manuals, information packages, and miscellaneous type-written information.
- Provide Customer service to tenants, vendors, and prospective tenant walk-ins or assign as needed and guide them to find necessary information.
- Present properties and provided amenities in a positive light to prospective tenants. Tour and show available units upon request. If required to do so, negotiate leasing terms and conditions and close deals. Confirm rental application data and personal references. Determine the needs, living standards, and economic viability of prospective customers.
- Handle other duties and miscellaneous assignments or special projects as requested by management.
- Environment/Conditions: In constant movement around property visiting different work locations.
- Essential Functions/Physical Requirements: Walking property and inspecting units, touring the property, meeting with applicants in person or via virtual tools.
- Equipment Used: Computers, phones, tablets, filing cabinets, copy machines, general office equipment, golf carts.
- Employees will be working for 5 days a week as assigned by their supervisor.
- They will be included in a rotation for servicing after hour calls that may need to be addressed after normal business hours.
- Employees may be scheduled to work on weekends.
- $16.00/$17.00 an hour + Bonus + Overtime
- Medical Options with Employer Contribution, Visio, Dental
- Paid Holidays: Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Black Friday, Christmas Day, and New Years Day.
- Paid Vacation and Sick Leave
Afton Properties is an equal opportunity employer. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need. We are committed to providing an environment of safety and mutual respect for all staff members. Afton Properties does not discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.