Accumet is an industry-leading advanced processing manufacturer for new and legacy materials fabrication, precision laser services, and critical component assembly. We are looking for an Estimator / Production Analyst to join our Sales Team.
In this role, you will support the Sales Team using your technical knowledge and estimating & analytical experience to build detailed and effective pricing proposals and define/analyze operational data leading to optimization of production processes.
- Analyze engineering models and drawings to define the sequence of machining operations to ensure that the design intent and component quality can be achieved.
- Make proper cost estimations, taking into consideration such factors as materials, machines, system limitation.
- Work closely with programmers, quality personnel to develop successful pricing proposals.
- Review customer RFQs for both deliverable and quality requirements.
- Consolidate all outside costs and internal costs associated with process time in engineering, machining, finishing and QC.
- Creating detailed quote packages for final review.
- Monitor and respond to performance feedback related to project pricing, lead times, and order conversion rates.
- Analyze job performance data such as set-up time, run time, material usage and scrap level against planned values to identify areas for improvement prior to next run.
- Ensures the integrity of daily production-related data entry.
- Analyzes material consumption and production rates to determine operator and machine efficiencies and prepares related reports for management review.
- Evaluates issues, analyzes root causes and recommends improvements to maintain production integrity, consistency, and quality.
- Prepares tracking reports related to equipment downtime, repair, and other delays.
- Familiarity with a range of CNC laser machining processes including cutting, marking and welding.
- Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance (GD&T).
- Experience with a modern CAD package such as Solidworks.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally, and in writing and able to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Familiarity with specialized Shop control software applications such as E2
- Proficiency with MS Office suite, in particular Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to lift 30 lbs.
Hours: 7am-3:30pm with ability for overtime as needed
Reports to: Sales Manager
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities are required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
What we offer: Competitive Wage, Vacation and Sick Time, Medical, Dental, 401k with Match, Company sponsored Life Insurance and AD&D, STD/LTD, Dependent Care and FSA Cafeteria Plans, Aflac, Training opportunities.