The Chief Investment Officer of Elevate Ventures manages all investment activities for Elevate Ventures funds and grant-making programs, including, but not limited to the Indiana 21 st Century Fund, State Small Business Credit Initiative (SSBCI) funds, Community Ideation Fund (CIF), Leighton Elevate Angel Network (LEAD) Fund, Caresource Diversity and Social Impact Fund, Elevate Growth & Opportunity (GO) Fund, Innovation Voucher Program, SBIR/STTR Matching Grants. This position is the chair of the investment committee and is responsible for developing investment thesis and strategies while leading a team of investment professionals in creating investment processes, stakeholder reporting, investor relations, financial analysis, portfolio management, etc.
REPORTS TO: Chief Executive Officer
DIRECT REPORTS: 3+
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Assuring the organization is in the strongest possible position to increase its investment operation effectiveness, influence, and likelihood that it can accomplish both its mission and move closer to realizing the organization's vision. To be successful in this role, an individual must be able to perform in a satisfactory manner the functions listed below.
- Responsible for setting up and implementing Elevate Ventures' investment processes and underlying technology and investment personnel infrastructure.
- Leads a team to perform market and company research, and competitive and financial analysis of investment opportunities.
- Responsible for industry leading due diligence, transaction administration, and documentation through collaboration with analysts, Entrepreneurs-in-Residence and third-party service providers.
- Oversee collection and analysis of portfolio performance metrics.
- Strategic support of portfolio company growth through value-enhancing initiatives, such as assisting with financial analysis, talent placement or investor relations.
- Lead and develop staff with strategic growth and career development objectives.
- Contribute significantly on organizational leadership and excellence.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform each essential duties satisfactorily. We will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- Experience managing and developing staff
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highest personal integrity
- Entrepreneurial passion
- Collaborative leadership
- Analytical and good judgment
- Goal-oriented with strong project execution capabilities
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Experience in process development
- Strong speaking and listening skills
- Ability to perform focused work with close attention to detail
- Financial analysis and modeling
- Market research
- Information gathering
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience.
- Bachelor's degree required, with a preferred professional or advanced degree in law or business
- Accredited financial industry professional certification such as CFA, CPA or CFP
- Experience in venture capital, private equity or entrepreneurial companies