O & H Danish Bakery is seeking an accountable, customer-engaged leader to join our Oak Creek team as the Retail Store Manager. This position is responsible for overseeing and maintaining quality standards of performance and product, while providing exceptional customer experience and service in accordance to standards set forth by O&H Danish Bakery. Additionally, the Retail Store Manager is instrumental in driving improvements and efficiencies within the store, but also in coordination with production team members and customers in order to ensure on time and accurate order fulfillment. This leadership role is a part of a fast growing small business; therefore, they must be able to work in a dynamic fast paced environment while functioning with the highest integrity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive day to day operations of the retail location including, but not limited to opening and closing procedures, performing customer service and sales transactions, order fulfillment, quality assurance of our bakery and deli products, employee development and engagement, inventory management, and adherence to all required food and safety standards.
- Accountable for the full and accurate completion of routine reports. Will complete Inventory Control using FIFO first in first out rotation. Implement proper storage practices and maintain adequate levels of inventory for retail requirements.
- Consult with customers with specific requests in order to ensure quality and customer satisfaction. Consult cake team by providing pricing oversight on specialty order cakes. This is inclusive of taking customer cake orders and complaints in order to better manage expectations and customer satisfaction. Utilize the Daily Order Guide to place orders, verify production numbers and create various reports.
- Manage bakery ambassadors including hiring, training and development, performance management, setting weekly schedules, managing timecards and planning team workload. Must ensure all team members and trained and practicing GMPs, and are SQF and HACCP compliant. Retail Store Manager is integral in the hiring and training of new team members.
- Work alongside team members to assist with daily customer service and sales, and provide on the job training and support in bakery and deli areas.
- Maintain and improve upon current operations and business strategy in the bakery and deli. This includes working directly with the Deli Implementation Manager as well as Assistant Store Managers to ensure efficient and satisfactory performance in all store daily operations and sales.
- Oversee and manage catering events and orders. This includes ensuring appropriate menu selection and pricing, preparation, delivery, and customer satisfaction is met according to our quality standards. Additionally, The Store Manager is responsible for establishing developing, and maintaining relationships related to the catering business.
- Evaluate and encourage employee development through continuous on the job training, annual performance reviews and corrective action as needed. Work with employees to identify opportunities for continual growth in skill and abilities.
- Maintaining employee safety and morale by creating a safe and efficient working environment.
- Effectively analyze and communicate reoccurring or major issues concerning daily operations, sales, and feedback to Leadership, and continue to work towards and drive improvements to support achieving the highest standard of quality for customers.
- Understand the operation methods and basic mechanics of bakery and deli equipment. Must be able to train and identify problems with bread slicer, meat slicer, coffee machines, ovens, dishwasher, refrigerators and freezers. Must coordinate maintenance as needed.
- Manage relationships with suppliers and vendors of store supplies and required services. Effective management of these relationships will enable cost control and successful partnerships.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED; Bachelor's degree strongly preferred
- Experience in Food Service and/or Retail environment required
- 2-3 years in supervisory role preferred or 4 years of continuous service within the organization
- Serv Safe Certification preferred
Knowledge and Skill
- Strong Math skills, including but not limited to the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide without the aid of a calculator
- Ability to read and speak English
- Ability to lead staff members in a collaborative and encouraging manner
- Ability to obtain information and take a proactive approach to problem solving
- Exceptional Organizational Skills
- Pride in Accuracy
- Regularly required to stand and walk
- On occasion the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders
- Occasionally lift up to 50 pounds
The above statements reflect the general details necessary to describe the principle functions of the occupation described and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the occupation.
At O&H Danish Bakery, we strive to make working for our company a great experience. We offer a wide array of employee benefits to full time employees including Health Insurance, a 401k matching program, Paid Time Off, and a 20% discount on bakery purchases.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.