The main function of the AR/AP Specialist position is to apply payments within Rent Manager (software system) appropriately, handle tenant payments with care, respond to questions and assist AP in processing payments and ensure all checks are received by our vendors.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
Apply and maintain tenant payments accounts receivables and daily deposits.
- Scan and reconcile checks into the system for processing
- Keep tenant data updated and completed for billing purposes.
- Take deposits to the bank and deposit appropriately as needed.
- Assist property managers with billing questions and payment portal issues via phone and email communications.
- Assist the accounting department with deposits, billing and banking discrepancies, and cross training.
- Assist property managers with Rent Manager system assistance and direct their inquiries to appropriate personnel.
Pick up and process mail.
Review and process vendor invoices (accounts payables).
Assist in coding vendor invoices to the proper accounts.
Ad Hoc Tasks
Assist senior accountants with ad hoc job duties
Assist with day-to-day office operations such as maintaining office supplies inventory and running errands as needed
Any other duties assigned by the Controller, CAO, and CFO.
Skills and Abilities
High School Diploma or equivalent required
Experience with entry level office/accounting is preferred.
Efficiently operates assigned computer software and other equipment, including Microsoft Office Suite.
Must pass background and drug screening.
Must have a valid driver's license, proof of valid vehicle insurance and must have annual Motor Vehicle Record Check, as a condition of employment if employee operates any Company owned vehicles or drives their own personal vehicle for Company business purposes.